Chewy on the inside, crunchy on the outside, and did we mention they are filled with antioxidant-packed dark chocolate and fiber-rich oats? Pair with a glass of almond milk for a decadent, healthy treat!
¾ cup gluten-free flour
¾ cup rolled oats
¼ cup finely shredded, unsweetened coconut
⅓ cup dark chocolate chips
¾ tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. sea salt
⅓ cup coconut sugar
1 large egg
2 Tbsp. almond butter (or other nut or seed butter)
3 Tbsp. avocado or melted coconut oil
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Stir gluten-free flour, oats, coconut, chocolate, baking powder, ¼ tsp. salt, cinnamon, and sugar together in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg (using a mixer or by whisking vigorously). Add the almond butter, oil, and vanilla and beat or whisk to combine. Then add to dry ingredients and mix until combined. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or overnight.
- Lightly grease or line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Scoop in chilled dough and form into 12 small discs and place on baking sheet. Sprinkle remaining ¼ tsp. salt over the discs.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Then, increase oven temperature to 375°F and bake for another 2-4 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. Watch carefully to avoid burning.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes before enjoying.
Yields 12 cookies.