This healthy pancake mix is your new, go-to recipe for a delicious, nutritious twist on classic pancakes. Buckwheat flour is packed with protein and fiber which makes it a smart choice for your morning meal. You get extra points if you dance to Jack Johnson’s “Banana Pancakes” while you make them!
Yields 10 servings
1 cup buckwheat flour
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 1⁄2 tsp. baking soda
1⁄4 tsp. sea salt
2 eggs (for vegan option, sub with flax eggs)
1⁄2 cup mashed banana
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 tsp. vanilla
3 tbsp. coconut oil
1⁄4 cup coconut flakes, toasted
1 cup blueberries or raspberries
1 tbsp maple syrup
1. Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
2. Mix eggs, mashed banana, almond milk, and vanilla in a blender or by hand.
3. Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture until smooth.
4. Heat coconut oil over medium heat in a pan or griddle. Spoon 1/4 cup of the batter into the pan. Cook for two to three minutes on each side. Repeat until you’ve used all the batter, adding coconut oil to the pan in between batches as necessary.
5. Serve your buckwheat flour pancakes with the toasted coconut and berries of your choice, drizzled with maple syrup. Enjoy!