Silky smooth and starring a favorite seasonal ingredient, this roasted butternut squash soup is made for those cozy fall nights at home. Serve with freshly baked sourdough bread for a hearty addition, or sprinkle pumpkin seeds and feta cheese on top for some texture. Enjoy!
Smooth Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 medium shallots, thinly diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups chopped butternut squash
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 1⁄2 tbsp. curry powder
- 1⁄4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 14-ounce can coconut milk
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 3 tbsp. maple syrup
- 2 tsp. chili garlic paste
- Add oil, shallots, and garlic to a large, heated pot. Sauté over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add butternut squash, sea salt, pepper, curry powder, and ground cinnamon, stirring until well-coated. Cook for 4 minutes, covered.
- Add coconut milk, vegetable broth, maple syrup, and chili garlic paste to the pot, bringing the mixture to a low boil over medium heat. Reduce to low and let simmer in covered pot for 15 minutes or until butternut squash is tender.
- Transfer soup to a blender and purée until creamy and smooth.
- Return soup to the pot and taste test, adding seasonings and sweetener if needed. Cook over medium heat for a few more minutes.
- Serve and enjoy this rich, flavorful fall soup!