Terra Health & Wellness Market was conceived from the idea that our community needed a locally owned health food store, that was responsive to the needs of the customers and also carried products from local vendors.
The concept that developed was centered around the knowledge that there is a consumer demand for a store where customers could shop for clean products-free of artificial colors, flavors, sweeteners or preservatives, all in a store where the employees are knowledgeable about those products.
Our goal is simple: To empower our customers to “eat better. live healthier.”
The first step was to find a location that was convenient for customers, offering easy access and ample parking. Not an easy task. But after looking at many options, Terra Health and Wellness Market was able to secure a location in a large shopping center, on the north side of I-70, at Little Blue Parkway.
With nearly 11,000 sq. ft. available to us, it was time to hire an architect and see what we could accomplish. We interviewed 5 different architects, but one stood out because of their excitement to be a part of getting the new store open.
Several key employees, with many years experience in the natural foods industry, were brought on board to help in the development. Plans were created, equipment and fixtures were ordered, and support systems were developed.
While Terra is not the only store in the area to offer a natural foods product line up, we believe that customers deserve a pleasant shopping experience, where they can expect to find courteous help easily and consistently. The business model for Terra. emphasized the importance of treating the customers in such a way that we deliver more than the customer expects by paying attention to their needs.
The Terra store name is synonymous with our earth, the foundation from which everything in our lives is built. We know that healthy eating and living is a journey that is much easier when there is a solid foundation to build upon. At Terra Health & Wellness Market, we believe that we can provide that solid foundation through stocking the right products and employing the right people.
What can you expect to find when shopping at Terra Health & Wellness Market?
- Clean products-free of artificial colors, flavors, sweeteners or preservatives as well as many Certified Organic products.
- Top quality vitamins, herbs, and supplements to meet the demand of a population that is shifting more toward being health conscious.
- Produce department featuring 100% Organic produce.
- Deli, where customers can find sandwiches and wraps, ready to Grab 'N Go, all prepared under the same store guidelines, being free of artificial colors, flavors, sweeteners or preservatives.
- Organic juice and smoothie bar highlights the Deli area, along with fully organic soup and salad bar.
- Dedicated Gluten-Free grocery section.
- Frozen and Dairy cases, featuring customer favorites.
- Bulk dispensing bins, where the customer decides how much they want.
- Fresh ground peanut and almond butter.
- Wine and Beer, including local and organic selections.
- Free membership where customers get loyalty discounts.
Ultimately, at Terra, we know that our success depends on doing what is right for the customer, while maintaining totally ethical and professional business practices.
We are excited for the future and the opportunity to bring a locally owned business to our community.